- Sleepy Hollow: *takes entire season to get Katrina out of Purgatory*
- Sleepy Hollow: *frees her just in time to make her a captive somewhere else*
- Me: 'Kay.
- SH: *takes two new season episodes to get Katrina out of ex-boyfriend funhouse*
- Me: Yay, now maybe she can join the team and kick magical ass.
- SH: *here's your new creepycute frankenstein-monster to help*
- Kindred: "Thank you for replacing my head i've had nightmares about Ben Franklin's naked ass for 200yrs."
- Me: Sweet. Sup, Ed.
- Katrina: "lol nah i'm gonna stay here and make the Horseman think i was just playing hard to get."
- Me, Ichabod & Abbie: wut
- Katrina: "He plays a big game ruthlessly killing everyone but he's really dumb as hell."
- Ichabod: "So he spends his undead life obsessing over you, kidnaps you, ties you down here against your will, and he's just gonna respect your wishes to hold off his Tim Burton wedding ceremony in hopes you'll warm up to it like some forced-marriage trope fanfic?"
- SH: *shrug*
- Me: Won't conveniently leaked information to thwart the Apocalypse only work once or twice before they suspect her?
- SH: *shrug*
- Me: Well... at least badass Jenny is still on the team.
- SH: *ayyyy lmao in jail*
- Me: *sweats*
Enjolras had a privileged and sheltered childhood where he read about revolutionaries and decided that that was what he wanted to be.
Montparnasse had an impoverished and abusive childhood where he saw nicely-dressed men on the streets and decided that that was what he wanted to be.
They both had to kill to get there.
You know what? I was wrong. Now I have seen the most ridiculous post in the fandom.
To make such a comparison with a straight face… To oversimplify both Enjolras’ goals and Montparnasse’s desires… To imply that to reform a society anew and to dress nicely (and happily do murder, least we forget) are even on the same spectrum!
^^^^ So you’re saying Montparnasse killed to become well dressed? Then why did he continue to kill once he was well dressed? He didn’t kill to get there he killed because he found it fun. Do you really think that he thought “hmm, if I join this shady gang run by the Thenardiers and kill people then I’ll be able to become one of those dandies I see walking down the street”? Also, he was raised on the streets. He knows how to get by. He could get rich from pick pocketing or robbery but NOOO, he murders people. Sure he’s well dressed and flamboyant as he does so (I love Montparnasse, don’t get me wrong) but that isn’t is sole reason for murder, being able to dress nicely.
ON TOP OF THAT, Enjolras HATES death. He’s not happy with the circumstances. He’s doing what he believes is necessary to bring change. He did think as a child “You know what I want to be when I grow up? A revolutionary! I’ll have to kill to become one though!” That’s also implying that in order to become a revolutionary you have to kill. Have you never heard of peaceful protesting? That’s implying that you aren’t a revolutionary unless you kill people. Or, that you have to kill people to be a revolutionary or have revolutionary ideas. Enjolras isn’t murder crazed or killing to become a martyr. He wants to bring change, and unfortunately, death often accompanies it.
Sorry kinda went off on a rant here.